Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Precious Moments contd...


Whew! While I was writing this book, let's just say the creative process is not always a pretty one. lol. It definitely got grimey while I was laying out my thoughts via paper, pen, and computer. Man it was rough more times than not, head barely hit the pillow for a few months there especially when deadlines grew closer. It was funny, after a while I think I had set up shop on every possible surface and found the floor to be the most comfortable cause late night I could spread all my materials around...bible, laptop, reference books, highlighters, television with Nick at Nite on heavy rotation, pens, headphones, scratch paper, emotions, notes, my BIG ole concordance, quotes, blankets, sour jelly bellies etc. lol A chaotic scene. It seemed like it was never gonna be complete. But whats even funnier is quitting never came up. I just couldnt wait to get back to my sense of "normalcy". The life of a writer is a lonely one and I really wasnt ready for all of that. But those were moments I can treasure forever, heck I was writing my first book, and I would never trade...what a trip :)

www.AmeerahAlisande.net