Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Touring Chicago and South Barrington...






While touring one stop has been to Willow Creek Community Church in South Barrington Illinois. It was AMAZING...to say the least! I have never seen so many people come to hear a speaker, not to mention there is a water fall INSIDE the building! Being from Oakland this was a building out of my wildest dreams. There was a series being taught on Influence and the pastor highlighted Mother Teresa for an entire week. I was so taken back by the woman that she was, and her unshakable faith in service to others. The music was LIVE like a concert! And the theater is the largest in America West of the Mississippi river! It currently holds a consistent congregation of 20,000 people. There is so much I can say but I guess the most impactful aspect was that even though the building was so massive, I always felt the love and community sometimes more so than Ive felt inside a small house. It was deep. I mean it even had a waterfall inside and a few escalators, inside of the church building! I don't know about y'all but we don't have nothing like this in the Bay Area, but I kept thinking that if kids from Oakland could see the possibilities I believe it would be a step in the right direction for our community. We had a few days off for some sightseeing and my favorite was the shopping in downtown Chi-Town and the Sears Tower! Despite all of the crowded airplanes, hotels, long working nights, and going from event to event, It was a beautiful experience with many eye opening memories. If you get a chance experience it for yourself! You will be forever changed...


from www.AmeerahAlisande.blogspot.com
www.AmeerahAlisande.net